The Substantiator Extension is a Chrome Extension that, once installed in your copy of Google Chrome, appears as a pull-down. Extensions are small software programs that customize Chrome's functionality to an individuals needs. The Substantiator Extension allows employees to log their activities to a cloud-based database. The Substantiator Controller gives an administrator/accountant the ability to setup up to 6 campaigns including projects and business components. Each campaign supports up to 200 employees and all campaigns can run simultaneously.
It has the following advantages −
- Resource sharing − Sharing of hardware and software resources.
- Openness − Flexibility of using hardware and software of different vendors.
- Concurrency − Concurrent processing to enhance performance.
- Scalability − Increased throughput by adding new resources.
- Fault tolerance − The ability to continue in operation after a fault has occurred.
It's disadvantages are −
- Complexity − They are more complex than centralized systems.
- Security − More susceptible to external attack.
- Manageability − More effort required for system management.
- Unpredictability − Unpredictable responses depending on the system organization and network load.
The developers of R&D Substantiator have attempted to attenuate these security disadvantages by relying on Google's Oauth2.
Created with the Personal Edition of HelpNDoc: Create cross-platform Qt Help files